NMIN Trainee Symposium
17-18 November 2021
The first NMIN Trainee Symposium will provide NMIN HQP and members of the NMIN HQP Network (NHN) with unique value-added professional development opportunities, allowing for skill and knowledge acquisition to enhance career development and complement academic and scientific training.
The Symposium will also foster networking and collaboration among trainees and young professionals who share an interest in the field of nanotechnology-enabled drug delivery, gene therapy and diagnostics.
This is an in-person event. To attend, you must agree be fully vaccinated at the time of the event, and you must agree to wear a mask at all times during the event except while eating.
This event immediately preceeds NMIN’s 2021 Scientific Meeting, being held at the same venue.
17 November 2021 | 6 – 9:00 pm EST
- Opening remarks, ice-breakers, and networking
18 November 2021 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
- Workshop: How to Figure Out What Jobs You Want — and Can Get — after Graduate School, with Jennifer Polk
- Panel: Mentoring and Coaching: How are they different and when should they be used?
- Networking lunch with Toronto-based NMIN researchers
- Panel: What skills industry needs and how you can secure a job, with industry representatives
- Workshop: Personality Assessment
NOTE: The Opening Reception of NMIN’s 2021 Scientific Meeting immediately follows the conclusion of the Trainee Symposium, at 6:00 pm EST on 18 November 2021.
More to be announced…
Additional information to be added as details are confirmed.
To be eligible to attend NMIN’s Trainee Symposium, you must:
- be an NMIN Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) working on NMIN-funded research;
- OR be a registered NMIN HQP Network (NHN) member;
- AND you must provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be willing to wear a mask for the entire event.
NHN New Professionals may be eligible to attend, subject to available funding and selection based on a competitively adjudicated application process.
If you have been vaccinated against COVID-19, please have a copy (a scan or PDF) of your proof of vaccination ready to upload as part of your registration.
Registration for this event is limited. If you register after the event becomes over-subscribed, you will be informed and put on a waiting list (for inclusion in the event of a cancellation).
Please register by October 18, 2021
Registration will become available once this event is re-scheduled.
Please check back.
NMIN’s Trainee Symposium will be held at:
Omni King Edward
37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9
The Omni King Edward Hotel is Toronto’s First Luxury Hotel, built in 1903. Its location in the heart of downtown Toronto’s financial district provides convenient access to the city’s top attractions.
NOTE: NMIN may cover your eligible travel-related and accommodation costs if you meet the criteria. To be eligible for this funding support, you must participate in 100% of the sessions. Questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org