The NanoMedicines Innovation Network (NMIN) is pleased to announce the inaugural recipients of NMIN Advanced Training Certification (ATC).
NMIN ATC recognizes an individual’s engagement in diverse capacity-building activities organized by NMIN, its partners, and/or other recognized organizations, where the learning involved goes “above and beyond” the training conventionally provided in an academic program and supports the formation of a well-rounded professional.
The inaugural NMIN ATC recipients are listed below. All nine have qualified for “Silver” certification, having engaged in activities ranging from attendance at lectures and webinars, to participation in the HQP Research Presentations Series and serving on the NMIN HQP Network (NHN) Executive Committee. They continue to earn credits towards their Gold ATC.
A virtual recognition ceremony was held on 29 June 2021 with NMIN Scientific Director Dr. Pieter Cullis, Associate Director Dr. Gilbert Walker, Executive Director Dr. Diana Royce, and Dr. Nicolas Bertrand, Chair of NMIN’s Program HQP Advisory Committee (HPAC).
Watch the video of the ceremony
Top left to right in photo above:
- Nancy Dos Santos, Research Associate, BC Cancer; supervisor: Dr. Marcel Bally
- Mark Pereira, Research Associate, University of Toronto; supervisor: Dr. Shana Kelley
- Dominik Witzigmann, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia; supervisor: Dr. Pieter Cullis
- Lin-Hua Zhang, Research Associate, University of British Columbia; supervisor: Dr. Colin Ross
- Wesley Walker, MSc. student University of Toronto; supervisor: Dr. Gang Zheng
- Ka-Yee Grace Choi, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia; supervisor: Dr. Bob Hancock
- Sams Sadat, PhD candidate, University of Alberta; supervisor: Dr. Afsaneh Lavasanifar
- Liza Silverman, PhD candidate, University of Victoria; supervisor: Dr. Matthew Moffit
- Jennyfer Zapata-Farfan, PhD candidate, Polytechnique Montreal; supervisor: Dr. Michel Meunier