NMIN Scientific Meeting 2022
November 17-19, 2022
NMIN’s 2022 Scientific Meeting gathered the Network’s pan-Canadian teams of experts, their partners, collaborators and other stakeholders to further advance the Network’s innovative research and commercialization strategies. These efforts are geared toward the development, translation and clinical application of nanomedicine-based diagnostics and therapeutics to benefit patients, the national health research ecosystem, and the Canadian economy. See the event program.
The 2022 NMIN Trainee Symposium took place immediately following the Scientific Meeting, at the same venue.
Day 1 (Thursday, November 17, 2022)
- Welcoming remarks from NMIN Board Chair Dr. Inès Holzbaur
- Opening Keynote presentation by Lloyd Jeffs (Senior Director of Pharmaceutical Development), Precision NanoSystems
- NMIN Spin-off Company Presentations: overview presentations on the six start-up companies to have emerged from NMIN research to date
- Networking reception
Day 2 (Friday, November 18, 2022)
- Research sessions:
– NMIN’s Legacy Core Facilities
– Triggered release & targeted delivery research
– Advancing nanoparticle applications
- Invited Presentation by Dr. Shehzad Iqbal, Senior Medical Director, Canada, Moderna
- Poster Presentations and judging
- Gala dinner with
HQP Awards and a special Recognition Ceremony (only included with full registration)
Day 3 (Saturday, November 19, 2022)
- Research sessions:
– Immunotherapy research
– Cancer diagnostics and therapeutics research
- Panel Discussion: NMIN Legacy Opportunities for Impact
- Closing Keynote presentation by NMIN’s Founding Scientific Director, Dr. Pieter Cullis
- Joint reception for Scientific Meeting and Trainee Symposium attendees
Day 4 (Sunday, November 20, 2022)
- NMIN Trainee Symposium: Details available here
Additional information to be added as details are confirmed.
The NMIN 2022 Poster Competition took place during NMIN’s 2022 Scientific Meeting.
The Poster Competition was open to NMIN-funded trainees and members of the NMIN HQP Network (NHN) interested in presenting research findings related to NMIN’s mission and mandate. Abstracts that presented results with high commercial or clinical potential were strongly encouraged.
Password required to access document.
Participation in NMIN’s 2022 Scientific Meeting was restricted to network participants (researchers, collaborators, trainees, committee members) and invited guests.
Gala dinner (Nov 18):
For information about how to register,
please contact NMIN’s HQP & Events Coordinator, Leah Graystone:firstname.lastname@example.org
NMIN’s 2022 Scientific Meeting was held at:
Omni King Edward
37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9
The Omni King Edward Hotel is Toronto’s First Luxury Hotel, built in 1903. Its location in the heart of downtown Toronto’s financial district provides convenient access to the city’s top attractions.
We invite organizations that share NMIN’s enthusiasm for the enormous potential of nanomedicines to consider partnering with us as event sponsors for NMIN’s 2022 Scientific Meeting & Trainee Symposium.
We offer various levels of sponsorship to ensure the best fit with your organization’s marketing, outreach and networking objectives.
If you are interested in sponsoring, or have any questions, please review the event Sponsorship Prospectus.
Dr. Diana Royce
Executive Director, NMIN